Friday, August 31, 2012

The Mom Suit

Well, the time has come. I mentioned in my first post that I was going to reveal my rockin bikini bod. Or ya know... something like that. I know, it's almost September. Why on earth am I posting about swim suits when everyone else is posting about pumpkins, boots, scarves, and s'mores. Well, because right now is THE time to buy. Duh! Everything is on clearance. I refuse to buy swim at the beginning of the season. I like to wait until the end and catch that sale.

So here's what I looked like the summer before I got married...

 
Wanna know where I found these? Yall, I didn't have to look very long or hard. They were once upon a time posted BY ME to my FACEBOOK. Yes, there was a day when I actually posted pics of myself on facebook without a care in the world. Not even thinking it would gross anyone out. It was just another day, another picture.
I tried to find one of me after... Pretty much, I couldn't find one. I'm sure there is one somewhere, but it wasn't easily found. Especially last summer, I have a baby in front of me in every picture trying to make her tiny body cover my huge one. It's kind of sad. But I thought I was limited to a one piece. I thought, maximum coverage, side rouching to disguise the pooch, and either stay in a cover up or neck deep in the water.
 
Then, in August my family decided to take a beach trip. I was dreading it, tried to come up with every excuse not to go. But to no avail, my mom wasn't having it. And I really wanted to see my sister since I wont be able to see her again before she has her baby. So off I go to find a suit.
Store after store, laughing at myself in dressing room mirrors, I finally said to hell with it. I spent the first couple days fully dressed, sitting in the shade, watching everyone else. Then, we went to Target. And there it was. The perfect suit! But brace yourself... here comes a picture of ME wearing it. Not the size 0 model from the Target website.
 
 
 
 
Now, am I naive enough to think it's a magic suit that makes me look like the first pictures? Umm, no. Of course not. I DON'T look like that, and I probably WON'T ever again. BUT, this I love. I didn't feel like I needed to keep a cover up on. And if I couldn't avoid my mom with that damned camera, I just smiled and tried to stop my breathing for a minute. And threatened her life if she posted anything on facebook. This is so nice because I can still get a fun top that I like, and feel like I'm wearing a 2 piece. But it comes up high enough it slims my problem pooch area as well as covers up any stretch marks on my tummy and on the inside of my legs. Even if I did manage to lose all my weight, the fact is I have stretch marks. And they probably aren't going anywhere. So I may continue to wear this kind of thing to hide those. 
So if you're like me and have given up on still working on losing that baby flab (can you call it baby flab 2 years later?) then this is the bottom for you! I made my dad call it "retro" but I'm not sure it actually is anything more than a "mom suit" but YAY for not being limited to the dreaded one piece!
 
Target online is sold out, but I know our local store still has a few. So check yours and catch it on sale for next year!
 
I'm curious to know if any of you other mama's have found the perfect mom suit?
Or do you rock a bikini? If so, we can't be friends.
 
Oh, and just for fun, here's one of the cutest swim suit model I'VE ever seen (=
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the suit! You look incredible. I can't find suits this time of year, even though the prices are killer! My size is always gone by now. Maybe next year I can be in as good a shape as you appear to be!

    ReplyDelete

Site Design by Designer Blogs