Monday, September 24, 2012

Project Pinterest

(I can't seem to get the button to work. It happens.)

AP at I Love You More Than Carrots is hosting a weekly link-up that should help force my hand in actually DOING everything I pin. I used to be pretty good, I would do a few pins a week. But now I'm working nights, living with my parents, stressed out, and all those other excuses. I don't live very close to any craft stores and I hate to have half finished projects around the house. Plus, my parents are not very adventurous with their dinner. But I am going to join this link-up and hopefully that will get me back into the routine of doing something new/different/fun/cute/yummy each week.

This week, I'm cheating a little. Like I said, I've been pretty bad about actually doing rather than just pinning. Pretty much my pinterest projects have extended only to getting myself ready each day... So it's nothing super complicated and I only have 1 pic. The pin has step by step pics, so no need to basically just re-take the same pictures, right? right.

I was a SAHM for 2 years. Before that, I worked part-time in a small office with 2 men. I really haven't had a need for "cute". But I am trying to make little changes with this new "do-over" life has thrown at me. One of those little things I can do, is put an extra couple minutes into getting myself ready. I still want to be comfortable, but I am finding ways to be comfy AND feel pretty.
So I bring to you..... the double braided headband!

 
I saw this and thought "easy peasy lemon squeezy" right? Eh... I wouldn't say it was insanely hard. But it was a little tricky. I had to do it a few times to make the braids look right. The key is to do the braid in the direction you want it to go. See how she is holding it straight out in step 4? Do it the way she is doing it. Maybe even a little higher. If you do it any lower, then when you try to cross it over your head, you will get super not cute lumps and bumps around your ear.
 
See how my back braid is super loose? Take the braid all the way to the ends. Because it will start getting loose and coming apart while you're playing with the bobby pins trying to get it down.
 
Also in this pic, is the sweater from this pin that I am obsessed with.

6 comments:

  1. i LOVE that you incorporated a hair pin into the link-up! there are only so many crafts and pumpkin recipes i can look through! sadly, i am SO inept when it comes to do anything related to hair that involves cute braids. it's a good thing I don't have daughters.. HA! I love this and may have to give it a try just to spice up my usual.. "mom hair!" thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours looks great! Maybe I need to give this a try instead of just throwing my hair up on top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this to my daughter's hair :) yours turned out great- love how the braids are two different colour tones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I didn't realize all the natural highlights and shades in my hair until I started this and pulled the bottom under to the top front lol

      Delete
  4. Great job! I'd have to practice FOREVER to get this right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did take a few practice tries, but wasn't nearly as difficult as I anticipated ;)

      Delete

Site Design by Designer Blogs