Friday, February 22, 2013

Birthday Eve

Tomorrow is my birthday.
I will be 25. A Quarter Century. Mid-20's.
So far, my 20's have been... crazy.
Let's take a look back at my 20-something birthdays so far...

20. I had a joint 20th birthday with my roommate who was turning 21. Clearly... I thought I was turning 21 too. This is with my BFF, Karri. It was a fun night, fun party, fun year. I met my husband the month after this, started "dating" him 3 months after that, became his next door neighbor 2 months after that (with my BFF in this picture as my new roomie) and walked down the aisle 4 months after that with my BFF by my side every step of the way. The girl in this picture had no idea what her 20th year had in store for her.

21. This was the BEST BIRTHDAY EVAAARRR!!! Of course 21 is always fun, but this was another level of fun. Greg did very good on the gift front. He got ticket for the Britney Spears concert in Atlanta. That's where this picture was taken. We took my sister & my niece's mom, one of my very best friends. It was the most fun I've ever had. He also bought me the "Julianne" bag from Coach (that later led to this) and scheduled our "Glam TTD" session with Scarlett. Talk about doing good! This year was full of fun for us. He got a new job that would move us to PC at the end of the year. I started a job that I loved and hated having to leave. We celebrated our first anniversary in Destin. We took a fun vacation with my family. Of course the 1st year of marriage is always tough, but all in all, it was a great year for us.

22. We went to Tootsie's after dinner with my grandparents & met up with a very good friend of mine from high school. We drank beer all night & listened to the live band. It was a blast. 9 months later, we welcomed Aubrey Jo. This was probably the last beer I drank that year, but we had other fun. We were so excited to be prepping for her arrival. My sister lived with us for a couple months. He was such a great daddy-to-be, making sure my pedicure stayed fresh (can't have jank toes with so many people hanging around down there with my feet in the air, duh!), he went to sonic many times in the middle of the night & cut up many many watermelon for my cravings. He never complained. We bought, and he built, furniture. We nested. We were brought together and more at peace than ever about who we did and did not want in our daughter's life. He had a job that was great, he was getting promotions, they were flexible with him for my appointments, and we were blissfully happy... and ignorant to what was to come.

23. We went to dinner at Boondocks in PC again with my grandparents. This time, we didn't hit up the bar afterwards though. Aubrey Jo was still so tiny and new. My PPD was in full swing but undiagnosed. We knew something was off but didn't know what or why. We thought it was growing pains and ignored it. I went part-time at work, and eventually left and became full-time SAHM. When I got myself under control, I started to see there were more issues than we were prepared for. This year, we went to a few therapy sessions and committed to fighting. Not each other, but together, for our marriage. We wanted to work. We were going to do whatever it took. This was a hard year. But we sat down at the end of the year and vowed that the next year would be better. We would be sure of it........

 
24. We had a small party just us, my grandparents & mom at my granny & grandpa's house. For some reason, this is the only picture I can find. It was a good day. My mom surprised us when she showed up. Aubrey Jo went NUTS with the cake and was immediately hauled to the tub which then had to be scrubbed when she got out. Of course.. 3 months later, my marriage ended. I spent most of the year devastated, angry, sad, scared, lonely. Even before the split was official. Our promises to make it work didn't last long. This year held a lot of endings, new beginnings, revelations, 2nd guessing & insecurity.
 
Obviously... I'm hoping 25 brings some more good. Although, it would be hard to be worse than 24. I hate 24. I won't be sad to see it go. When I think of 24, I feel all Taylor Swift... we are never ever ever getting back together. Like... ever. I hate you, 24. Go back to where you came from. I'm on to 25 now, and we have vowed not to relive your year.
 

1 comment:

Site Design by Designer Blogs