Monday, February 11, 2013

White Chicken Chili

I saw a pin for white chicken chili that looked delicious! I didn't have all the ingredients though & didn't want to drive to town. So I searched some more. Found lots of recipes but only had partial ingredient lists. So I improvised & combined what I did have. I mean, it's chili. You can't go wrong. Right?
So here's what I ended up with…

1 can black beans - rinsed
1 can kidney beans - rinsed
1 can white northern beans - rinsed
1 can whole kernel corn - drained
1 can rotel
1 block cream cheese
1 cup chicken broth
1 white chicken chili season packet
Handful of chicken tenders - I didn't have breasts, this worked. LoL

Literally, toss it all in the crockpot. Shred chicken. Cook low 6 hours. My kinda cooking. Dump & forget.

I like to top with sour cream & cheese. Served with tortilla chips.


2 comments:

  1. It's a "just wing it" recipe and it goes in the crockpot - double points for you today :) And yeah, some of my favorites are the ones where you just throw together what you've got on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds tasty :-) Have you ever tried a bread bowl as an alternative to chips? When my godmother makes chili she serves it in bread bowls. She takes a muffin pan, turns it upside down, places the dough over each section to create the bowl shape, and then bakes the dough while still on the pan. Hmmmm I may have to add that recipe to my website :-) I'll let you know when I do.

    ReplyDelete

Site Design by Designer Blogs