Monday, March 11, 2013

Forehead Kisses

I remember in the beginning of our relationship, my (almost) ex-husband would give me kisses on my forehead. I think every girl would agree, those are the best kind. More affectionate than any other kiss. When he did it, I felt safe. I was his. I felt like the only woman in the world. (ha! If only I knew then...)

But, I'm here to tell you. Those butterflies I got from a man's kiss on my forehead? Nothing. Nothing compared to what I felt at nap time today when I laid down next to my daughter & got a forehead kiss from her. She's sick so I called in to work & we were up all night so I joined her for nap time. She propped up on her elbow beside me, moved my hair, and swooped down to kiss me right on my forehead. She then smiled, laid down & pulled my arm over her. I was at a loss. A complete loss. The pure, honest, unconditional love of a child is the most amazing feeling in the world. I have never felt anything I can compare the feeling to. I fell asleep wrapped around her with tears in my eyes. I literally could FEEL my heart growing in size. This little girl keeps me surviving.

2 comments:

Site Design by Designer Blogs