Monday, April 29, 2013

Snakes Don't Bluff

A friend recently told me "when a snake tells you it's a snake, just take his word for it"

I laughed when I thought of that later. Talk about making someone feel dumb. He had no idea who he was talking to obviously…

Once upon a time, I stumbled across a snake in the grass. He hissed, but I guess I didn't notice. I saw his family, all snakes, who told me he is a snake like them. I didn't believe them. He hissed, but I plugged my ears. Then one day he finally bit me. Fortunately, I had a venom extractor kit, so I recovered and went back to that grassy spot. He bit me again… this time, I was out of options. He got me. Yet, as I laid there crying, slowly losing myself in the pain, I still believed that though he looks like a snake, hisses like a snake, and bites like a snake, perhaps really he's just a nasty little caterpillar. I foolishly waited for him to become a butterfly.
He's not going to become a butterfly & fly above his family of snakes in the grass. He's a snake. It's not his fault. And it's not mine. But snakes don't bluff… if they hiss, you should consider picnics in a different park before you're shaking through a cold sweat after multiple bites just hoping to survive the next day.

Just saying…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Design by Designer Blogs