Monday, June 3, 2013

The Number Game

If you follow me on instagram, then you know I have recently hit my "goal weight". 
And you also know that my celebrating was very short lived. Because when I looked in the mirror, I didn't LOOK like I did last time I was at this weight. 
I was super bummed. Nothing is more discouraging than working towards a goal, getting there, then having your bubble popped. 

I quit working out. I quit juicing. I joined co-workers at McDonalds again. And I hated myself. Again. 

So this weekend, I went with my mom to do some shopping for an upcoming event. I picked up a 6. Too big. Traded and got a 4. Too big. I left the store with 2 new outfits. One in a size 2... And one in a 0. Last year, my mom bought me clothes to start my job... Size 8. 


The numbers say I'm at my wedding self. The numbers say I'm there. The numbers say a lot. But not everything. 

I'm committing to no more standing on a scale. I'm committing to working towards goals of FEELING instead of WEIGHING. 

Because when I stood in the dressing room? I didn't cry. For the first time in 3 years. I liked how I felt. I liked how I looked. I liked me. I actually WANTED to buy everything i put on. Rather than just having to buy it because my job requires me to wear real clothes. 

I still have things that I'm working on. But I'm not judging those successes by any number. Because numbers, like husbands, lie. 

Who is with me?

1 comment:

  1. Numbers frankly suck... they blow. Good for you for realizing you're worth is NOT in a number but in your own well being.

    My best advice, where I saw the most difference, weight training. Please note your scale might go up, but muscle is heavier and more dense then fat, but it also takes up less space (read smaller pants).

    You sound like you're at a great weight, and good for you for sticking to it. I have to forget the number. I get too fixated.

    I am currently doing Insanity and ZOMG I gained 5 lbs in the first 2 weeks and wanted to cry. I think it was due to eating so much and not being able to truly complete the workouts. I fixed that and I'm back on track.

    You got this girl. The scale is not our friend, but positive dressing room experiences and pals that are positive are!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Site Design by Designer Blogs