Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Delight in Weakness

But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2Corinthians  12:9

I have a friend that is the most beautiful person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, from the inside out. She is so giving and compassionate. She is silly and smart. She is gorgeous and not afraid of a good cupcake. (ha!) But for some reason, nothing comes easy to her. I have watched her struggle and fight for everything it seems- from professional life to romance and starting her family. My heart hurts. I often thought "why does she have such a hard time and here I am, so undeserving, with a happy marriage and this beautiful healthy child conceived after less than 20 days of 'trying'?"

Well, then my marriage fell apart. My daughter had some speech delays & hearing issues. My mother had a stroke & possibly has a brain tumor now. My sister had a terribly rough pregnancy & my sweet nephew has already had 2 surgeries in less than 9 months of life. My job often feels dead end. My home is not mine. My easy come easy go, laid back life was changed. Every month it seems comes with new surprises.

Through all of this, I often look to her and wonder "how would she handle this"? And I pray for her when I pray for myself, and I text her (maybe too often) and ask her to please pray for me. I watch her. I feel God nudging me and saying "Hey, watch this. Watch how she faces this problem; I nearly let her break, and then I bring her through it even better than she went in." I want to be like her. I want my tests to turn into testimonies as she recently told me. I want someone to see me walking through this valley, coming out of this hole, and maybe have hope that they too will come out on the other side better than when they walked in.

So, if God is nudging you and pointing my way, just watch... I'm going to do you proud. I promise. I may not do it with as much grace and fabulousity as my sweet friend. But I'm going to come out of this. I'm going to be better. I'm going to learn and grow. And I'm going to remember to thank Him the whole way... even especially in my weaknesses.



If you too are going through some tests, remember 2Cor 12:9 and be an inspiration to someone that might be watching you as I have watched my friend.

2 comments:

Site Design by Designer Blogs