Monday, September 30, 2013

On Living Back At Home

Living back at my parents' house is certainly not easy. When I wanted to put up fall d├ęcor on August 1? My mom (and Siri) informed me that fall does not start until September 22. Cue smoke billowing out of my ears. Have I mentioned their plates are square? And so are the bowls and coffee mugs. WHO DOES THAT? I can barely function each and every meal dreaming of my beautiful round dishes in the closet.

My relationship with my dad is full of high's and low's. If he was a boyfriend, I would have dumped his toxic ass years ago. But, he's my daddy. And I just love the old troll. Plus, if I dumped him way back when, who would be my daughter's best frand?




Every once in a while we get some relief from the GA heat and get to enjoy some time outside after dinner. Walking fields, riding 4-wheelers, and for these 2- telling secrets and being silly on the hood of their favorite toy. On these days, in this moment, being back at home isn't so bad...

2 comments:

  1. Good to know, you still give your dad a chance and your family as well. Wish you and your family will work on together. I owe you much for sharing your thoughts on family related issue, for I am doing dissertation sample writing. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one can junk a dad, at least if you still have that thing called love.

    ReplyDelete

Site Design by Designer Blogs