Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Miss Priss Lately


 I feel like I post a little of priss here and a little bit there. I wanted to sit down and just do a quick update all in one place. I mentioned in my last post what a fun stage she is at right now and how much I am enjoying her. I can't even believe I will soon be celebrating this tiny lady's THIRD birthday! 2 just flew by so quickly. Mamas of 1-year-olds, don't believe the hype. Twos are NOT terrible. And *knock on wood* threes are shaping up to be even more awesome (= I am enjoying now but can't wait for what's next with my mini!
 I have shared, mostly on twitter, that she doesn't really talk. She has (had?) some hearing problems. I have been fighting for this girl for over a year and just within the last 2 months have I found a doctor willing to listen to me. Mothers know. A year ago, she didn't say anything at all. Nothing. Barely sounds. She started calling me "dada" and mimi "deedee" when she started school, but then she quit even doing that. She has made up her own sign language and as we introduced her to more signs, it seemed like she relied on them more and became less vocal. Then she started making sounds (mostly to identify animals) and then that stopped as well. She still has her signs, and has started animal sounds again. We also have 2 new "words".
"roo" = rude. Go figure. And she uses it correctly. And it's terribly cute... but borderline inappropriate. ie: "Aubrey Jo, it's night night time" to which she stomps her foot, folds her arms, and says "ROO!" yeah........
"boo" = well, boo! it means she wants a surprise, which is usually a snack. and no, carrots are not boo snacks. haha
 We started dance (obviously) and she is uhhhhh-bsessed! Every time I ask what she wants to do, she starts dancing. I imagine if she could talk, it would be a very Dane Cook "I just want to dance!" moment. She loves her friends and gets so excited when she sees them. She insists that we clap for her as soon as she comes out of class, even though she thinks we weren't even there. We watch through a window that is a mirror on her end (is that a 1 way or 2 way? neither seem right). I giggle watching her totally independent and in her element. At gymnastics, I sit up in the rafters so I am not right in there with her, but she knows where to find me, and often does. However, the class is an hour long. A full hour. And by about 45 minutes, the kid is totally over it. I do mean o-ver it. I shared a photo on instagram of her literally just laying in the middle of the floor away from where class was happening making silly faces in the mirror. God bless it...
 Every time we get ready for the day, she demands a bow. Sometimes 2 bows. However, her favorite toys are cars (especially monster trucks like papa's) and dinosaurs. Her favorite days usually start with going straight outside before even getting out of her nightgown to play with the puppies. They always include riding on the 4-wheeler, watching my little ponies and being chased by anyone with enough energy to pretend to keep up. There is always dancing and flipping, sometimes duck throwing and she prefers never any nap taking because that would cut into her sneaking M&M time. Speaking of sneaking, she loves to sneak...
 Now that I am back to work, I have to go to bed around 8. She is a night owl like my parents so even though I make her come to bed with me, she usually doesn't stay long. She waits until I am asleep and then she sneaks out and stays up with mimi and papa. I've caught her before but can't even get mad because it is so dang cute! She gets up on her tippy toes, crouches her head, pulls her arms in like T-Rex and shh's all the way from the bed to papa's chair. He is usually eating popcorn and I think at this point, doesn't even want to eat the whole bowl alone anymore. When they go to bed, she sneaks back in with me, adjusts my blanket, kisses my cheek and then snuggles up right against me. Though, when I wake up at 3:30 usually it is a much less idyllic scene. Real life...
 She is such a sweet heart. She got a new stuffed animal at the store and first thing she did when we got home is official introductions. She took it in, lined up all her babies, and then made each one of them give the new one a hug and kiss. Then she did a group hug. I was the new girl at school a couple times... I hope she always has such a welcoming heart. She also takes  very good care of her mimi. She brings her blankets and she kisses her "boo boo" all the time. If someone says something to mimi and she plays it up that she doesn't want to or that her feelings are hurt, watch out! Aubrey Jo is coming for you. Don't misunderstand me though, last weekend we celebrated mimi's birthday and she really was in no mood for it. She needed that attention. She wanted the cake to be hers, she wanted the song to say her name instead of mimi's and she wanted a present to open. I mean, come on, I am still talking about a 2 year old here... she is sweet, but not saintly ;)
 I have so much love for my waist high bestie. I miss her all day while I am at work and sometimes when I steal a sleeping kiss before work I just want to cry. But when I get home, and she comes running to me? I secretly look forward to leaving again just so I can get that greeting again. For those first few moments spent just sitting on the floor with her arms wrapped tight and her rambling on all about her day between kisses, I am just in heaven. Pure bliss.
 For now, when I ask who her best friend is, she says with a smile "dada" every time. I know I better enjoy that answer now. I know I will blink and she will be a teenager. I know she will know it all and I will be 'so lame'. I know I will miss this. But I also know teenagers grow into women and women know, their best friend is their mama. So when people remind me that this friendship is fleeting, I just smile because I know they're right... it's going to get so.much.better.
"The (cutest) End"
;) see what I did there?

1 comment:

  1. She is so precious, you are doing a great job Momma!

    ReplyDelete

Site Design by Designer Blogs