Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Mommy Moments

As women, we know the moment will come. You know... the moment when we realize we have become our mothers. It's inevitable. You will find yourself half-way through the sentence and will just stop, like a deer in headlights, and realize you've heard those words before... from her. It's a very strange feeling.

But you know what moment you don't see coming? The moment when you realize you are your toddler. Yep, the toddler. You will find yourself sitting there, talking to your mama and half-way through the sentence you will just stop, like a deer in headlights... BECAUSE YOU'RE TALKING TO HER THROUGH THE BATHROOM DOOR! God bless it. Two minutes earlier? She was on the couch right beside you. Two minutes later? She will be back there. But, for some reason, the topic hits you as soon as she sits on the toilet. WHYY? I complain about this all.the.time. I just want to potty in peace.

I didn't know if I wanted to die laughing or burst into tears realizing 25 years later, I may still be fighting this fight. My mama says even before I moved back in, she could almost guarantee, no matter how silent the rest of the day was, she would have a missed call from me or my sister when she came out of the bathroom. Ha!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Design by Designer Blogs