Monday, November 18, 2013

Forever Two



In exactly one week, 7 short days, my little miss priss will be 3 years old.

Last year, she was so excited to turn 2 and told everyone! She kept telling people she was 2, and I would remind her she was still 1 until 12:33 on Nov 25. She was ready for 2.

This year? I am begging her to get excited and she could care less about 3. Three is not as great as two in her mind. Scarlett and I had to beg & plead to recreate the above photo with 3 fingers this year. She MEANS she is 2 and will not hear of 3. No ma'am. Every day I say "Aubrey Jo, in (insert number) days, you will be a whole THREE YEARS OLD!" To which she immediately says "nooo" and holds up 2 fingers. My heart can relate though, since I insisted on turning 22 for 3 years. I guess it was a good year...

The other day she started crying and told me she just wants to stay a little baby and never get big.

Well, my darling daughter, while I can't stop the birthdays from coming, or your tiny body from growing, I can promise you... you will always be my baby.



2 comments:

  1. Can you believe our girls are 3!? I mean, how has the past 3 years gone so fast yet so slow at the same time!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Seems like just yesterday we were commiserating over our bellies and sleepless nights! I don't know if it makes me sad or want to do a happy dance haha

      Delete

Site Design by Designer Blogs