Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thankful Thursday

I was a little snarky yesterday so let's turn up the positivity today. (#turndownforwhat)

Four years ago TODAY I got my positive at home pregnancy test. I can't help but look around me and think about how different my life is from that day. I knew then my life would change, but I sure didn't picture myself here. I am so so thankful every single day though to be a mom. To be HER mom. It's not easy, it's not always fun. It's not "puppies and rainbows" all the time as her cousin would say. BUT it is the reason I put one foot in front of the other and keep going. In a lot of ways I'm a lot better now. But in some ways, I'm just barely keeping my head above water & she's what keeps me fighting. I love her so!

I've recently changed my schedule at work. The hours each day aren't ideal, but I no longer have those long 10 day weeks. I'm so thankful for my shorter weeks and the flexibility my job has allowed me with trying to balance all the balls I have in the air right now. 

Today is cold. Yesterday was cold. BUT we have been getting the tease of summer here in Muddle GA. I am always thankful for some sunshine and warmer temps. I'm also thankful for the smart ads that will surely be reminding me of this post in a couple months when I'm complaining about the crazy heat & begging for "fall". (We don't get fall. And I hate pumpkin everything. I don't know why I always jump on that band wagon.)

We are slowly but surely preparing for our move from my parents'. I am so very thankful for online shopping & apartments that offer virtual tours. Because really- going in and having to do everything in person and buy everything in stores? Ain't nobody got time for that. 

2 comments:

  1. Puppies and Rainbows... Don't you just love the things these girls come up with :) They're the best. Yay for finding an apartment, and having a fresh start for the two of you! Keeping y'all in our thoughts and prayers through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously this catching up and beer drinkin needs to happen asap! I didn't know y'all were getting a place. So exciting! I have so much to tell you, too! I'm off every Friday and Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Site Design by Designer Blogs