Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hello, Sunshine!

I have been a pretty slack blogger lately. I jot down topics during work and tell myself I will post when I get home. Then by the time I actually sit down to post (usually not that same day) I get distracted catching up on other blogs or change my mind about the post or get annoyed with the spotty internet we have been suffering lately.

When Jessica nominated me over on her blog for the Sunshine Award, I thought well here we go. A nice and easy one to get me back at the keyboard. So here we go ....

11 Random Facts About Myself

  1. Sometimes I realize I am scrolling through IG thinking how much I like pics but don't actually double tap or comment. Then I feel like a bad IG friend and start over so I can. I annoy myself to death with this.
  2. I'm a lover of all things sweet. I didn't used to be, I actually hated sweets ... until the last couple years. I wish I was still able to pass up donuts and cake, but I just can't. Physically impossible.
  3. My friend and I write letters back and forth and our kids color each other pictures. She lives a few hours away so we don't get to see each other often enough. I miss her like crazy so we snap chat non-stop and "Hunt mail" days are our favorite days around here!
  4. I love surprises. And I love surprising people. Doesn't have to be anything big ... I just like to let people know I am thinking of them.
  5. Back to #2 and food habits changing ... Taco Bell used to be my absolute faaavorite. When I was pregnant though, it made me sick every.single.time. I swore Aubrey Jo must not be my child because no way would a child of mine not love TB. Well, she still hates it ... and so do I. Same goes for pork loins.
  6. White chocolate Reese's. Because ... well, duh.
  7. I fall asleep before Aubrey Jo most nights. Which means most nights I fall asleep with Frozen playing and usually wake up a couple hours later to turn it off once she is out too.
  8. I'm dating again. So there's that ... yeah ... we will chat more later ;)
  9. I am a creature of habit and hate change. Hate all change.
  10. I also am really not a fan of strangers and crowds. I'm such an introvert it's scary.
  11. I am way more invested in the lives of my reality TV "friends" than I maybe should be. When cast members leave the Real Housewives, I obsessively search the internet for updates on what they are doing.
The 11 Questions

1) If you could go anywhere in the world, all expenses paid for one week, where would you go?
I actually wouldn't need to go far. If I could just have 1 week off work, away from worries, responsibilities, and unplug, I would be happy just about anywhere...
 
2) Tea or coffee?
Coffee. I'm such a terrible southerner, I hate tea.
 
3) What is your favorite childhood memory?
Summers at my granny's with my sister
 
4) What would you do if you won the lottery?
That's actually 1 secret I would totally keep! Nobody would know
 
5) If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
I do wish I was more trusting ... and had the bod Jessica Simpson did in her Dukes of Hazzard days. Hello?!
 
6) Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
Oh no. Not sure I would want to see my life play out in a movie. Can you imagine how annoying that would be? I can barely stand to see pics of myself or hear my recorded voice. Having all my up's down's and mistakes on film? No thanks!
 
7) What's the most unusual conversation you've ever had?
I don't know about "ever" but last week at speech, one of the mom's commented that Aubrey Jo is always dressed and wears shoes. Umm .. yes, yes she does. Do not give me that stink eye lady who has a 3 year old that apparently hates bathing running around the office in a diaper and t-shirt. I can handle a lot of mom judgement but not from you and not on that subject.
 
8) If you could ask your future self one question, what would it be?
Which steps can I skip?
 
9) If you could go back in time, what historical period would you like to live in?
The 80's! Love looking through my mom's old yearbooks and albums.
 
10) What is the scariest thing you've ever done?
Leave my husband
 
11) What's the best piece of advice anyone has ever given you?
Unhappy people can't raise happy children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Design by Designer Blogs