Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A Way With Words

The other day I totally unloaded on my boyfriend. I mean, it wasn't his problem, there was nothing he could do, but I just needed to get it out & he happened to be the one there. I felt guilty and added "sorry to always vent to you" because ya know, nobody wants to be the Debbie Downer. I wish I was all positivity all the time. He has his own issues. His response?

"I wish I could I say I understand your frustrations, but I don't. I will, however, always be here for you if you need to vent to someone."

Bless his heart, the man is not a wordsmith. He often misquotes or uses the wrong word and ends up saying the very opposite of what he intended. Especially on text. It sometimes makes me crazy but always makes me laugh.

This time though? Nailed it. That's all I needed. He didn't have to have the answer. He just needed to listen and reassure. That's it. 

I cried a little. He has been such a blessing to my life. 


2 comments:

Site Design by Designer Blogs